What is a Good Skin Care Routine? We have the answers...
There is so much information online about what to do or not to do and sometimes we get caught up in unnecessary detail spending hundreds sometimes thousands on skincare and still not provide ourselves the holistic skincare routine we set out to acheive
In this blog, we explain further about the importance of quality skin care and facial products:
A good skin care routine is only as good as the products you use. While good quality products can support and enhance your skins appearance to look better now as well as in the future, poor quality products can do the opposite being ineffective and even cause damage.
Why is good skin care important?
Good skin care is important for the following reasons:
- It helps your skin stay in good condition: You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best.
- Turn back time: As we age, your skin cell turn-over slows down, making it look dull and less radiant. Using a quality skin care line can assist to remove dead skin cells to encourage your body to replace them with newer, more youthful cells.
- Prevention is better than cure: Prevention is key to avoiding skin problems and maintaining that healthy glow. This in turn becomes less costly than trying to fix them in the future.
- Give your self-confidence a boost: Let’s face it when your skin looks healthier, you’ll feel better about yourself giving you more self-confidence to go about your day. No more hiding behind heavy makeup that only clogs your pores and make it worse.
What are some good skin care procedures?
The following components all play a role in providing a good, effective skin care routine:
- Cleanser: Wash your face gently with a product designed for your skin type. For dry skin, you’ll want to choose a cleanser that doesn’t have alcohol or anything that will strip the skin of its natural oils and if you have oily skin you will want a product that isn’t heavy and will assist in removing all those extra oils to prevent clogged pores. Afterward, rinse with warm water.
- Serum: These are essential in any routine providing and delivering concentrated nutrients deep in the skin to get it to its optimal health.
- Moisturiser: Should be used every time you wash your face, even if you have oily skin. Make sure to choose the appropriate moisturiser to your skin type.
- Sunscreen: SPF is essential, even if it’s cloudy to prevent your skin from UV damage. This damage accumulates under the skin over many years and show up in later years if not taken care of properly. We suggest especially with the Australian sun using a minimum SPF30+ or higher.
- Exfoliator: Exfoliators come in all sorts from granular to enzymes or using acids such as AHAs to lift dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. They are used after a cleanser but before a moisturiser. They should only be used a maximum of once or twice a week depending on the type being used and skin conditions.
What benefits do quality skin care products provide?
The following are some of the benefits of quality skin care products:
- Quality ingredients: Similar to the benefits that healthy food provides the wellbeing for your body, quality skin-care ingredients can improve the wellbeing of your skin.
- Protection from environmental damage: such as pollution and free radical damage
- Help fight the effects of ageing: such as wrinkles and sunspots
- Results for the money: Even if quality products cost more in some cases, they’re worth the money. If you use ineffective products that provide no value, you’re wasting money.
- Exceeding standards: Quality skin care products are more refined and have extensive research behind them to make sure they provide the results.
Why should you avoid poor quality skin care products?
Poor quality skin care products are more likely to cause the following negative effects:
- Poor to none in achieving results
- Allergic or adverse reactions such as rashes
- Make the problem worse by clogging pores, causing breakouts, etc.
No matter what your skin type is, a daily skin care routine can help you maintain your overall skin health and improve specific concerns like acne, scarring, and dark spots.